problem with Aero Peek/thumbnail-sized preview RRS feed

• Question

• today for some reason the thumbnail previews are not shown when hover mouse on a minimized windows,also when i press on Start > All Programs, so i most press on it..it's not automatically shows all programs when mouse hover..tried re-enable Aero Peek also re-enable it through Advanced System Settings > Performance Visual Effects..disabled everything and re-enable didn't work,also i started the PC in safe mode and then restart it back to normal still don't works,and i don't have problems with "Show Desktop" it's only on the minimized windows,tried Aero troubleshooter it says no problems found,also tried "Fix It - Aero" it also didn't found anything,and Desktop Windows Manager is enabled,and the only thing that changed in my system is that i installed Malware Fighter from IObit.com,but i disabled it also checked that it doesn't works in background..

so what's the problem? how to fix it? :(

BLOOD RUNS DEEP F.E.A.R. RUNS DEEPER
    Sunday, July 17, 2011 5:12 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Have you tried to restore your system to a previous status that you have not installed the new software?

Also, if you have the installation disc, you could temporarily uninstall Malware Fighter to check the result.

Meanwhile, check the power plan to see if you are running the Power saver plan, if so, change to a balanced power plan for test.

If this issue persists, I suggest you create a new user to see how it works.

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Sunday, July 31, 2011 8:39 AM
    Monday, July 25, 2011 6:06 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Do you mean that the taskbar thumbnails in Aero stopped working?

First, you could try system restore to go back to a good time to check the result.

If this issue persists, please kindly refer to the following article:

Taskbar Thumbnails Disappeared

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 8:54 AM
  • i already tried the Clean Boot,i also did what said in Group Policy and the Regedit and then i restart my PC but still thumbnails do not show up when hover mouse on minimized window,and i can't run the Update(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2259539) I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 32 bit so i downloaded "All supported x86-based versions of Windows 7",when i run it - it says "The update is not applicable to your computer",any other solution? :(

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 7:13 PM
  • ok it works..i think..it acts weird,sometimes it works sometimes not..when i right click on minimized window,and then left click on other minimized window so then it shows the thumbnail previews,but if i concentrate on 1 window..ex: like now typing in the browser,so it's not shows the thumbnails till i repeat right click and then left click on other window again,and still the "All Programs" not auto shows all programs when mouse hover it,need to click

so wtf with that Aero? -.-''

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 9:14 PM
  • Hi,

Based on my research, hotfix 2259539 has been integrated in Windows 7 Service Pack 1. So Windows Update cannot install this update twice.

Currently, I suggest you apply another Aero theme to check the result. If this issue persists, try reinstalling the graphic card driver to see how it works.

Alex Zhao

Thursday, July 21, 2011 5:23 AM
  • i reinstall the graphics card and restart my PC and then switch between different Aero Themes and also from Basic and High Contrast back to Aero still same issue..first time i having such weird issue..is there any way to reinstall Aero?
    Friday, July 22, 2011 4:13 PM
  • Hi,

Have you tried to restore your system to a previous status that you have not installed the new software?

Also, if you have the installation disc, you could temporarily uninstall Malware Fighter to check the result.

Meanwhile, check the power plan to see if you are running the Power saver plan, if so, change to a balanced power plan for test.

If this issue persists, I suggest you create a new user to see how it works.

Alex Zhao

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Sunday, July 31, 2011 8:39 AM
    Monday, July 25, 2011 6:06 AM