none
How to empty the content of RBS of a resource RRS feed

Answers

• Adding to Guillaume's response, 

1) You can deselect the RBS Value, by Opening the resource in Edit Mode, and then clicking on the current RBS Value selected.  This applies to not just RBS, but any lookup Table Value. Clicking on a value, selects it, Clicking on the same value again, deselects it.

2) Alternatively, you can Open the resource in project professional and delete the RBS value from there.

Prasanna Adavi,PMP,MCTS,MCITP,MCT http://thinkepm.blogspot.com

Monday, March 3, 2014 4:10 PM
  • Thanks Prasanna for the tip, I missed it!

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

• Marked as answer by new_page Wednesday, March 5, 2014 5:12 AM
    Monday, March 3, 2014 4:16 PM

All replies

• Hi new_page,

Not sure what you're looking for.. We'd need more details in order to be able to help you.

• Which Project Server version are you using?
    • What do you mean by delete a resource's RBS? Just delete the RBS attribute for the resource in the resource settings? Or delete a complete branch from the RBS field's lookup table?

When selecting a RBS branch for a user, you cannot (at least in PS2013) unselect the value. You'll have to select another RBS branch. I couldn't confirm weither or not it is by design or if it is an unexpected behavior.

Anyway, if you use RBS feature for security purpose (meaning configuring categories with the RBS), it is not adviced to have users with no RBS value. You have to ask yourself "why is that? it is relevant?". Does the user need to see all projects and resources? Depending on your business need, you cold create a new branch at the required level where you'll put those users.

Hope this helps.

Monday, March 3, 2014 3:27 PM
  • Adding to Guillaume's response, 

1) You can deselect the RBS Value, by Opening the resource in Edit Mode, and then clicking on the current RBS Value selected.  This applies to not just RBS, but any lookup Table Value. Clicking on a value, selects it, Clicking on the same value again, deselects it.

2) Alternatively, you can Open the resource in project professional and delete the RBS value from there.

Prasanna Adavi,PMP,MCTS,MCITP,MCT http://thinkepm.blogspot.com

Monday, March 3, 2014 4:10 PM
  • Thanks Prasanna for the tip, I missed it!

• Marked as answer by new_page Wednesday, March 5, 2014 5:12 AM
    Monday, March 3, 2014 4:16 PM
  • thanks a lot Prasanna. It did work perfectly :)

I just want the RBS for testing purpose.

Wednesday, March 5, 2014 5:13 AM