none
Sequencing Access 2016

Question

• Hi guys,

Recently the company has decided to virtualize a part of office software, namely Project 2016, Visio 2016 and Access 2016 (x86). 

Project and visio were done really easily. Then came Access.....

Here's the thing we have both a dedicated kit and license for Access and for Office as a whole, both of them have the same behaviour described below (also tried access 2013, exactly the same issue) :

After i sequence Access and stream it on the machine i get these 2 errors:  

Now i looked up the first error, i only found stuff related to registry on office 2013, but the same equivalent key of office 16 i can't find in registry.

The second error is weird also, we use KMS, and for other virtualized office apps it worked. I tried installing the same iso of Access locally on my PC, and it worked first try with license.

Also, since i have the same behaviour on virtualized 2013 access, i am guessing there is something special about access that i don't know.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thx

Friday, September 23, 2016 7:55 AM

All replies

• "After i sequence Access" -- How did you sequence access?

Office 2013 and 2016 are sequenced using ODT instead of normal APP-V sequencer.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt590515.aspx

Can you confirm these are the steps you followed?

• Proposed as answer by Richard.Knight Saturday, September 24, 2016 11:01 PM
    Friday, September 23, 2016 8:14 PM
  • I did not follow this, Visio,Project and all other office software were virtualized succefully using standard sequencer. I will not change this. 

Makes no sense to use the ODT just for Access.

Saturday, September 24, 2016 5:51 AM
  • George,

I have looked at the prescribed ways of sequencing office 2013 and office 2016.

They have clearly mentioned that we should NOT use sequencer to get these.

To add further it is easier to use ODT and you have options to include only the applications you want in the package. (like access in your case)

Please try ODT to get the package.

Kiranmayi

Wednesday, September 28, 2016 5:51 PM
  • Sequencing any Office 2016 product is not supported anymore, you need to generate an AppV package using ODT nowadays.

Read Technet for details on this topic.

Wednesday, November 23, 2016 7:08 PM