Active Directory Rights Management Service different policies internal access/external access RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I would like to implement Active Directory Rights Management Services with different policies applied to the same users/groups depending on where they are accessing (via Local Area Network/via WAN) I am not sure how I achieve this goal though. Can I have different policies to Licensing Only Cluster server?

Any thoughs, recommendations, solutions would be really appreciated.

kind regards,

Akira Sekine 

Friday, June 17, 2011 4:45 PM

Answers

• Hi

It won't be possible, since the document once protected will keep the permission settings with it and this is irrespective of the location the user is at.

are looking at having different templates visible to the user when he logs in from a different location?

Blog Link: http://blogs.cyquent.ae | Follow us on Twitter: @cyquent

• Marked as answer by Akira Sekine Saturday, June 18, 2011 12:22 PM
    Saturday, June 18, 2011 6:52 AM

All replies

• Hi

It won't be possible, since the document once protected will keep the permission settings with it and this is irrespective of the location the user is at.

are looking at having different templates visible to the user when he logs in from a different location?

Blog Link: http://blogs.cyquent.ae | Follow us on Twitter: @cyquent

• Marked as answer by Akira Sekine Saturday, June 18, 2011 12:22 PM
    Saturday, June 18, 2011 6:52 AM
  • Hello Adnan,

I have been searching the way to do this over the internet after I have posted my question and found out not possible.

Yes, one way to archieve this objective is to create and assign another templates if they need to take protected documents if the users need to work offsite or let the users take unprotected documents then encrypts on completion.

Adnan, Thank you for your recommendations really appreciated.

kind regards,

Akira Sekine

Saturday, June 18, 2011 12:22 PM