AOL 9.6 isn't compatible ever since i upgraded my computer to window 7 RRS feed

• Question

• I have recently upgraded my pc from window xp to window 7. AOL 9.6 desktop worked on the windows 7 for awhile. But one day when i went to open it, and it didn't open. I got a windows message saying "this program isn't responding"

I uninstalled and installed AOL 9.6 several times and each time that i do it, AOL would work for the first time but after i restarted my pc i would get the same message from windows.

so then i discovered the "troubleshoot compatibility" option. Once i did that i realized that AOL does not recognized that i upgraded my pc to window 7, it still thinks i have window xp.

Is there anyway that i can fix this problem? Can i somehow get AOL to recognize that i upgraded my pc?

If anything i have said above isn't clear, please let me know and i will try and explain the problem better.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011 3:57 AM

Answers

• Hi B13rtiis,

AOL 9.6 and other versions can be somewhat bloated and cumbersome.

You do not need to install the AOL software, just enter www.AOL.COM into any browser window and there you are.

From there you can log in as usual and navigate in more efficient way.

Hope that this helps

Rgds

Pat

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Friday, March 11, 2011 8:50 AM
    Wednesday, March 2, 2011 5:22 PM

All replies

• Hi B13rtiis,

AOL 9.6 and other versions can be somewhat bloated and cumbersome.

You do not need to install the AOL software, just enter www.AOL.COM into any browser window and there you are.

From there you can log in as usual and navigate in more efficient way.

Hope that this helps

Rgds

Pat

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Friday, March 11, 2011 8:50 AM
    Wednesday, March 2, 2011 5:22 PM
  • Here's an easy solution to use. The standard AOL icon to launch the program has problem.

Go to your start menu and look for AOL Search icon - and send that to the desktop.

AOL 9.6 works fine using AOL SEARCH as the shortcut launch.

Saturday, October 29, 2011 7:40 AM