Cannot edit User Profile RRS feed

• Question

• When i tried to edit the user information to add the picture and email address, i am not able to do it. I only see this screen. Please help me to know how to edit the user profile

Thanks in advance

Friday, March 16, 2012 4:04 AM

All replies

• Hi ,

You can not edit the user profile form edit personal settings. you can only do this changes in "My Site" only.

Regards,

Chandresh

Friday, March 16, 2012 7:06 AM
  • Thanks for your reply. As an admin, i want to edit all the user profile and add a picture to each profile. So please help me how to do it
    Friday, March 16, 2012 7:15 AM
  • Hi Alagappan,

First upload the photo into shared picture library, copy the path of the photo.
    1. Open “SharePoint 3.0 Central Administration”, Click on “Shared Services” (left hand side menu). This will open Shared Services Administration page.
    2. Click on User profiles and properties under “User Profiles and My Sites”.
    3. Click on View user profiles .
    4. Click on the Account Name of Person Xyz (user for whom you want to upload the photo) and click “Edit”.
    5. Paste the URL of the photo (Copied from picture library) in picture field and click “Save and Close”.
    Friday, March 16, 2012 7:53 AM
  • Hi,

I am using sharepoint server 2010. I am not able to find the shared services in central administration

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 8:58 AM