cannot connect to service manager portal wcf service RRS feed

• Question

• I only get this error on one request offering.  Everything else on the portal works fine.  This RO worked until I update one of the user prompts.  The prompt is a query result that is configured to return domain users only of display name equals the users that I have listed.  I have about 40 users display names listed under the criteria.  I didnt set token, do I have to? 

What else might effect the WCF service for only one item on the portal?

- Get on the floor, do that dinosaur

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 4:15 PM

Answers

• I increased the maxStringContentLength in the service host web.config file and it works now.  

• Marked as answer by Pete Barbuto Tuesday, June 25, 2013 5:03 PM
    Tuesday, June 25, 2013 5:03 PM

All replies

• Well I looked in the silverlight trace log which said:

The maximum string content length quota (24576) has been exceeded while reading XML data. This quota may be increased by changing the MaxStringContentLength property on the XmlDictionaryReaderQuotas object used when creating the XML reader.'.  Please see InnerException for more details.

I'm not sure how to increase this though.  

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 4:43 PM
  • I increased the maxStringContentLength in the service host web.config file and it works now.  

• Marked as answer by Pete Barbuto Tuesday, June 25, 2013 5:03 PM
    Tuesday, June 25, 2013 5:03 PM
  • I am having the same error when I go to Create a Request, I tried changing the MasStringContentLength but I am still getting the same error 

Any advise ?

Sunday, September 22, 2013 1:08 PM
  • I have the same problem where the red error appears at the bottom of the page of all portions of the Helpdesk Portal.  This happened after changing the machine name and running the Sharepoint tools for changing the name.

Brandon Hines

Monday, June 23, 2014 6:11 PM