WSUS Clean Up RRS feed

• Question

• Good Day,<o:p></o:p>

I believe I know the answer to this but I would prefer being safe then sorry.  I have read up on this but I would feel safer double checking.<o:p></o:p>

If I have, say Windows XP updates and some old IE updates that are marked to install and I want to clean these updates out (remove them)  I would have to mark each update that I no longer want as declined then run the database script and then cleanup wizard to clean up the database and remove the old content.  That should remove the old entries and also free up space on the drive?  Is this correct?<o:p></o:p>

If so is there anything else I should do beside run the script and cleanup wizard?

Thanks<o:p></o:p>

Adam Raff<o:p></o:p>

Thursday, March 26, 2015 7:05 PM

Answers

I believe I know the answer to this but I would prefer being safe then sorry.  I have read up on this but I would feel safer double checking.<o:p></o:p>

If I have, say Windows XP updates and some old IE updates that are marked to install and I want to clean these updates out (remove them)  I would have to mark each update that I no longer want as declined then run the database script and then cleanup wizard to clean up the database and remove the old content.  That should remove the old entries and also free up space on the drive?  Is this correct?<o:p></o:p>

If so is there anything else I should do beside run the script and cleanup wizard?

Well, the cleanup wizard should be run after declining the Windows XP updates, that should remove the content for updates from your WSUS server. Not sure which script you are talking about so I would have no idea about that.
    • Marked as answer by adamraff Monday, March 30, 2015 1:26 PM
    Thursday, March 26, 2015 7:24 PM

All replies

Well, the cleanup wizard should be run after declining the Windows XP updates, that should remove the content for updates from your WSUS server. Not sure which script you are talking about so I would have no idea about that.
    • Marked as answer by adamraff Monday, March 30, 2015 1:26 PM
    Thursday, March 26, 2015 7:24 PM
  • Hi Adam,

Here is an article about how to use Server Cleanup Wizard, it may be helpful.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc708578%28v=ws.10%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Best Regards.

Steven Lee Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Sunday, March 29, 2015 12:03 PM