none
how to call Stored procedure with parameter into RCDC to Populate the DropdownList RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have designed the Database which queries Region based States, states based Office Locations and OfficeLocation based Department. I wanted to use this in MIM RCDC Configuration by using any of the below to populate the Dropdown.

Direct calling the Stored Procedure into RCDC using Powershell. how to bind powershell dataset to  RCDC Dropdown list Control

Call the Stored Procedure into Jquery and use the JQuery in the ASPX files of MIM Portal

Please do suggest and provide how can we acheive this in MIM RCDC Configuration.

Thanks 

Friday, February 15, 2019 8:28 AM

All replies

• You can't do this with an RCDC. The closest thing you could do is use the sync engine to bring the data into MIM as a set of custom object types and bind a series of identity pickers to those object types. 

Thanks,
    Brian

Consulting | Blog | AD Book

Friday, February 15, 2019 4:59 PM
  • Hi,

As Brian said, this isn't possible with RCDC in a supported way. You can come close using Custom Objects.

You can do it by modifying the underlying HTML using e.g. JQuery, but that will be an unsupported way of solving it, and you risk losing your functionality when applying hotfixes.

Br,

Leo

Did my post help? Please use "Vote As Helpful", "Mark as answer" or "Propose as answer". Thank you!

Monday, February 18, 2019 8:05 AM
  • Hi Brian,

Thanks your reply which gives me a clue to start, but want to have more on this from your point of view, can you help me on the below.

Can please provide some working steps to start and implement, how it can be achievable.

mapping to IdentityPicker is fine where it can be possible but how to get the values to Custom Objects, do you suggest to pull the data from SQL Server using MIM Synch engine, by creating a new management Agent?

Please do suggest on this.

Thanks - Srinivas

Tuesday, February 19, 2019 1:33 PM
  • That's exactly what I would do. 

Thanks,
    Brian

Consulting | Blog | AD Book

Tuesday, February 19, 2019 2:45 PM
  • You can populate dropdowns in RCDC with references to custom objects (created by the sync engine from your datasource) in MIM Service. You must first add a "UocSearchDataSource" ObjectDataSource at the top of your RCDC XML:
    <my:ObjectDataSource my:TypeName="UocSearchDataSource" my:Name="CustomObjects" />
    And point to the datasource in your "UocDropdownList" control element:
    <my:Property my:Name="ItemSource" my:Value="{Binding Source=CustomObjects, Path=MyCustomObjectSchemaName}" />
    Remember that this works on reference type attributes.
    Tuesday, March 26, 2019 11:24 AM
  • Hi Fredrik,

Can you please elaborate how to do the Cascading Drop downs dynamically using either DB / MIM Portal search scopes.

This is the piece which has stuck me in lot of issues.

Thanks - Srinivas

Monday, April 1, 2019 12:50 PM