windows 7 hangs RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit on an Apple MacPro with Bootcamp 5.0.  I get increasingly frequent occurrences where Windows "hangs".  It happens most often when installing Windows updates and when running my forensic software.  It has also occurred during copy/paste, creating zip files and exiting programs.  It doesn't happen when sitting idle, only when the computer is processing something.

Here is the error message;

A fatal hardware error has occurred.

Component: Memory
    Error Source: Machine Check Exception

The details view of this entry contains further information.

WHEA-Logger Event ID: 46

I have run memtest through 6 passes with no errors.  chkdsk didn't solve the problem.  sfc /scannow log shows the following:

2013-09-20 14:26:38, Info                  CSI    0000007f [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:80{40}]"MsftWdf_User_01_11_00_Inbox_Critical.Wdf" of Microsoft-Windows-DriverFrameworks-UserMode, Version = 6.1.7601.17803, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
    2013-09-20 14:26:38, Info                  CSI    00000080 [SR] This component was referenced by [l:156{78}]"Package_1_for_KB2685813~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.11.2685813-2_neutral_GDR"
    2013-09-20 14:26:38, Info                  CSI    00000083 [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file [ml:520{260},l:62{31}]"\??\C:\Windows\System32\drivers"\[l:80{40}]"MsftWdf_User_01_11_00_Inbox_Critical.Wdf"; source file in store is also corrupted

I'm not sure what the DriverFrameworks is, but I uninstalled and reinstalled to see if that would help.  It didn't.

I'm out of ideas and would very much appreciate any help you guys could give me.

Thanks in advance.

Thursday, September 26, 2013 4:02 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Can you install this update for your Windows 7:

User-Mode Driver Framework version 1.11 update for Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008 R2

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2685813/en-us

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here

Alex Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Sunday, October 6, 2013 6:02 AM
    Monday, September 30, 2013 8:23 AM

All replies

• You really need to go to the Apple Bootcamp forums to discuss your problem.  Bootcamp is its own environment and all support for Bootcamp is provided by Apple.  Your not dealing directly with a hardware environment, but somewhat of a virtual environment.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Thursday, September 26, 2013 4:20 PM
  • Hi,

Can you install this update for your Windows 7:

User-Mode Driver Framework version 1.11 update for Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008 R2

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2685813/en-us

Alex Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Sunday, October 6, 2013 6:02 AM
    Monday, September 30, 2013 8:23 AM
  • I apologize for my delay in responding.  I had an attached RAID crash (fixed with chkdsk) and a BSOD caused by a Bootcamp driver (fixed with restore and reinstall of Bootcamp).

Rick - I checked the Apple forums and it didn't seem technical enough to solve my problem, but I'll keep looking.

Alex - I've installed it and the issue has not gone away.

After reinstalling Bootcamp, I was able to install two Windows updates that was causing the hang, so maybe the solution is still in there somewhere.

Thanks, Steve

Monday, October 7, 2013 2:38 PM
  • Hi,

Due to this is not just related to windows, we may need contact boot camp support for further help:

Boot Camp Support

http://www.apple.com/in/support/bootcamp/contact/

Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time.
    Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Tuesday, October 8, 2013 11:45 AM