Disable engine updates and failed engine update email alerts but still receiving email alerts. RRS feed

• Question

• A couple of weeks ago Microsoft's agreement with the Norman Virus Control for engine updates ended; I figured this out because the Forefront for SharePoint on SharePoint servers kept sending us emails letting us know the engine couldn't be updated. After discovering that there were no updates to be had I disabled the update schedule for the Norman Virus Control engine. However, I am still receiving the emails about the engine update failure for Norman. 

Here are a couple of screenshots with my settings:

I also disabled the Event notification for a failed engine update, but again I am still receiving emails about the failed engine update:

Is there something else I need to after clicking the apply or save button in the Forefront console on each server? Is anyone else seeing this issue?

Monday, November 2, 2015 1:39 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you tried to restart the whole server to make sure that there is no old configuration stuck in one service?

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 3, 2015 6:21 AM
  • I rebooted the servers last night but I am still receiving the alerts.
    Wednesday, November 4, 2015 2:09 PM