none
use another account instead of administrator to deploy OS RRS feed

• Question

• Hello guys,

I'm creating a deployment environment with MDT 2013 Update 2, and the biggest issue I'm facing is with the account being used to deploy the image.

The main point is, when I join a machine to the domain it disables the administrator account and create a new admin account that is used to provide support.

It's causing some issues returning user data and joining the machine automatically to the domain.

My question is, is it possible to change the account that does the deployment?

Thanks!

Friday, May 19, 2017 6:05 PM

All replies

• Just use a Deployment OU that doesn't inherit policy. Then move the machine OU when you are done.

Many questions such as where do I find logs and what logs are interesting are found in: MDT TechNet Forum - FAQ & Getting Started Guide Please take the time to read it. Also if you don't post logs your problem won't be easily solved.

Friday, May 19, 2017 10:32 PM
  • I tought about it, but due internal scenarios it's not my first option.

If it's possible I really want to handle this inside MDT.

Monday, May 22, 2017 2:44 PM
  • just wonfering if ss it possible to restore USMT data from a domain account if the machine isn't attached to the domain yet?

If yes it solves my issue.

Monday, May 22, 2017 6:18 PM
  • I never really use USMT (always better to take the opportunity to delete their profiles if you ask me (as long as you have Documents, Favourites etc. stored on a server - use Folder Redirection)) but it's meant for keeping files already on a PC so I wouldn't have thought the PC needs to be on a domain. It sounds like you have a GPO that's renaming your Admin account - always better to build to an OU without any GPOs attached, initially anyway, as you get a better feel for exactly what MDT is doing and what GP is doing. Whatch out for Windows Updates kicking in via GP too.
    Monday, May 22, 2017 9:55 PM