none
I have windows 7 and I can't access some of my HP (main) Programs RRS feed

• Question

• I created a restore point to clear a few programs that I wanted to get rud of. The restore failed to complete due to some sort of an error. Mind you, all my programs were working great before this. It asked if I would like to undo the restore so I accepted. That also had problems and didn't work. When my computer restarted, Alot of my factory stored programs (HP Advisor, HP Wireless Assistant) said there was a problem finding the program and I should try to fix it or reinstall it. But my recovery manager also isn't working. About 1/2 my shortcuts (such as HULU, E-BAY, even a few documents), when clicked states, the shoetcut has moved or no longer exists, and do I want to delete it. I contacted HP support but the lack of English didn't help. I ran a complete hard drive diagnostic and it is clean. I was told it is due to missing/corrupted system files. That my operating system is not working correctly. Why would this happen and how can I fix this??  Thank you for any or all help and for your time reading this and responding. Any help is much appreciated.
    Wednesday, October 6, 2010 7:27 AM

Answers

• Hi,

This forum is for SCCM related issues. For questions about Windows 7, please use the Microsoft technet forum for Windows 7, which would be the most relevant forum for your question.

Windows 7 IT Pro Category
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/w7itpro

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, October 14, 2010 8:44 AM