SCCM OSD exit code 3010 or 0x80070bc2 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a weird issue with OSD when the Microsoft Office step runs, where most of the time when the install completes it returns exit code 3010 (install success, reboot pending), but sometimes systems return the hex version 0x80070bc2, which is still "install success, reboot pending" but the task sequence manager interprets as an error and fails the task sequence.

Question 1: why would some systems return the decimal result 3010 and others return the hex version?

Question 2: I understand I can add custom exit codes to a deployment.  Microsoft Office does not have an actual deployment itself, it is just deployed as part of OSD.  If I create a new deployment of Office to an empty collection and add 0x80070bc2 as a success custom code, will that address the issue?

TIA

David

Thursday, April 2, 2020 5:05 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I recommend you examine the smsts.log for the detail information.

0x80070bc2 = 3010. Installation successful, reboot required.

If the application returns a 3010 exit code, the task sequence engine restarts the computer. After the restart, the task sequence automatically continues.

Theoretically, you could try to add this error code to success custom code.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 3, 2020 9:24 AM