It states that it wasn't installed properly... RRS feed

• General discussion

• ...even though no errors were encountered when installing it.
    Tuesday, June 26, 2007 9:46 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please let me know when did you encountered the message stating that the steadystate wasn't installed properly.

Has the installation process finished successfully?

Wednesday, June 27, 2007 5:11 AM
  • Well, I tried opening it after installing it and that's when it gave me that error message. Yes, the installation process did finish successfully.
    Wednesday, June 27, 2007 9:36 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the clarification. Considering the current status, we can do so:

action plan

-----------

1.If the steadystate was upgraded from sct1.1 (We should give the full name when you use it for the first time), please uninstsall the steadystate (Do you mean SCT?) first and reinstall the tool. Per steadystate handbook, it is recommed we do a fresh (Here it seems that there are some extra spaces.)

installation of the tool to avoid unknow issues.

2.If it is not upgraded from sct1.1, please uninstall the steadystate, you can clean boot to the system to reinstall steadystate. For how to do a    clean boot, please refer to:

How to configure Windows XP to start in a "clean boot" (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310353/en-us )

3. If the same problem still exists after previous steps, please gather me the MPS report(setup version) and the installation log file (%SystemRoot%\SCT.log) for further research.

the setup version MPS tool can be downloaded from:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=CEBF3C7C-7CA5-408F-88B7-F9C79B7306C0&displaylang=en

The MPS report is written to a cab file under: %systemroot%\MPSReports\Setup\Reports\cab

Please send those log files to me for further research, my email: v-samyu@online.microsoft.com   (no online included)

Please keep me updated. Thanks.

Sincerely,

Sammy Yu.

Friday, June 29, 2007 11:37 AM