none
Can I answer these Questions with FIM Reporting out of the Box? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all
    For which of the following questions can FIM Reporting provide an answer out of the box?

1. Which groups was a secific user member of at a given day? Provide me a list of Groups.

2. Was User "A" member of Group "B" at a given day? Provide an empty list of groups or a list with one entry. Or provide a Y/N. But I think this would not be the way.

3. Who was member of a given Group at a specific data. Provide me a list of users and / or groups.

4. Who was member of a given Group during a period of time. Provide me a cumulative List.

5. Who was able to change membership of a given group at a given date? Provide me a list.

6. who was able to change membership of a given group during a period of tine. Provide me a cumulative List.

If these answers cannot be provided out of the box, is the data required to answer it collected by default and only the reports must be created or is it also necessary to export more data to Data Warehouse?

Thanks to you all. Henry.

Sunday, March 30, 2014 2:00 PM

All replies

• As far I know, what is possible (P), impossible (I) and can be reached from database (DB):

1. DB - you would have to create query of groups, where such member was (there are Group History Report and Group Membership Change Report out of the box, so suitable data is in DB)
    2. P - you can specify the Member Resource ID in Group Membership Change Report
    3. P - OOB - Group Membership Change Report
    4. P/DB - rather searched by query in DB than realizable through OOB Report
    5. & 6. - OOB it would be hard I think - as you would have to join informations about owners, members of some Sets and MPRs - maybe it could be realizable through DB query, but I am not sure about that.

If you found my post helpful, please give it a Helpful vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an Answer.

• Proposed as answer by gdtilghman Tuesday, April 1, 2014 6:07 PM
    Sunday, March 30, 2014 4:37 PM