none
LifeCam 3.0 won't install

Question

• I downloaded the LifeCam 3.0 beta so I can use my camera with Windows 7.  On installation I it runs through the progess bar 5 or 6 times, then gives me an error message that it was "Unable to install the software due to an unexpected error."
    This happened 3 different times.  Any ideas?
    Friday, July 10, 2009 3:17 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi, when you ran the installation file (that I assume you downloaded from MS) did you right click on it and choose Run as Adminstrator?  Did you try disabling your virus checker/firewall software while you installed?

I just noticed, the lifecam software is 2.91 not 3.0... http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/windows7/support.mspx  did you get the right download?

Never ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly".
    My hangouts Format and Reload or Windrivers
    Friday, July 10, 2009 4:40 PM
    Answerer
  • It works fine on mine maybe your camera wasnt connected
    Sunday, July 19, 2009 8:38 PM
  • we had it running on windows 7, once upgrading to 10 it no longer functioned. we reverted to windows 7 because of the problem and now cant get the software to reinstall or "removed" as that was the first solution by microsoft. was on chat with them for an hour and still could not resolve it. Leave it to microsoft - glad they aren't rocket scientists or brain surgeons......
    Saturday, March 26, 2016 2:59 AM