Exchange Server 2016 stops sending and receiving RRS feed

• Question

• I have a new installation of Exchange Server 2016. Everything looks OK. Outlook Clients send and receive and OWA looks also OK but i have an issue. For a reason that i cannot understand during the day, Exchange stops pushing new mails to clients and clients also cannot send mails for a period of 15 minutes approximately. After this period of 15 minutes, everything turns back to normal. No emails are lost. Clients receive all the emails massively and all emails that were stack to outbox are sent. There are only 5 email accounts setup to this exchange. Could you please help me?
    Monday, May 2, 2016 4:00 AM

Answers

• Hi Promi8eas, 

Welcome to our forum.

Is there any update at recently?

Please refer to the following link to troubleshoot when outlook could not send/receive emails:

1. Use OWA to check if the emails could be sent/received 
    2. Check the usage for CPU and memory
    3. Please check if all necessary Exchange services are running
    4. Disable Windows firewall and A/V on Exchange and outlook side
    5. Please restart “Microsoft Exchange Transport” service 
    6. If there is .Net4.6.1, uninstall it: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/exchange/2016/02/10/on-net-framework-4-6-1-and-exchange-compatibility/ 
    7. Following Robert’s suggestions to check event log

For solving this issue as soon as possible, please give us any feedback.

Best Regard,

Jim Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by jim-xu Monday, May 16, 2016 1:56 PM
    Tuesday, May 3, 2016 6:56 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Any errors or warnings in Application Log? Looks like Back Pressure: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb201658%28v=exchg.160%29.aspx.

My LinkedIn profile

Monday, May 2, 2016 5:48 AM
  • Hi Promi8eas, 

Welcome to our forum.

Is there any update at recently?

Please refer to the following link to troubleshoot when outlook could not send/receive emails:

1. Use OWA to check if the emails could be sent/received 
    2. Check the usage for CPU and memory
    3. Please check if all necessary Exchange services are running
    4. Disable Windows firewall and A/V on Exchange and outlook side
    5. Please restart “Microsoft Exchange Transport” service 
    6. If there is .Net4.6.1, uninstall it: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/exchange/2016/02/10/on-net-framework-4-6-1-and-exchange-compatibility/ 
    7. Following Robert’s suggestions to check event log

For solving this issue as soon as possible, please give us any feedback.

Best Regard,

Jim Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by jim-xu Monday, May 16, 2016 1:56 PM
    Tuesday, May 3, 2016 6:56 AM