none
Getting Project Site Provisioning Pop-up even after Operational Policies set as Do not create a sites in project server 2013. RRS feed

• Question

• In Project server 2013, users are getting Project Site Provisioning Pop-up even after Operational Policies set as Do not create a sites. 

We can use “Deny” Global Permission, “Manage SharePoint Foundation”, which controls Project site creation/ delete as temporary workaround however want to know is this know defect in Project server 2013? 

Any suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Thank you

Saturday, October 18, 2014 12:24 PM

All replies

• Hi Raushan,

I can reproduce the same behaviour in my environment. It pops-up the dialog box when Project Site Provisioning settings set to 'Do Not Create' in the Central admin for the Project Web App.

As you mentioned already you can control it via permissions as an work-around.

Alternatively, you can also ask users to select the check box 'Don't show this again for this project'

Cheers, Badal

• Edited by Badal Ratra Monday, October 20, 2014 10:59 PM
    Monday, October 20, 2014 10:59 PM
  • I have the same issue, but the "Don't show this again for this project" option does not prevent this dialog from being shown each time the project is published. The new "Do not create a site" option looked promising for organizations that does not use Project Sites. Unfortunately, it doesn't do what I thought it would. Denying the Manage SharePoint Foundation permission was the only option in 2007 and 2010, but this results in failed Project Site Create queue jobs.

Erik RHS

Thursday, December 18, 2014 6:08 PM
  • Hi Raushan

It actually creates some confusion, when the pop up appears but I think it just want to inform that our project will be published without creating a project site.

And still no site gets created up.

Thanks

Manish

Friday, December 19, 2014 9:27 AM
  • Hello Raushan,

Did you happen to get a solution for this issue.

Regards,

Audrine

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 3:16 PM
  • This issue was fixed in a 2015 update. I don't remember which one, but if you apply the most recent updates, the user will not see the Project Site dialog when Project Site Provisioning Settings are set to "Do not create a site".

Erik RHS

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 3:57 PM