none
IEAK - import favourites and add site to compatability view RRS feed

• Question

• I'm starting to use IEAK  to customise our IE.  It is my first time using it, but two specific things are causing me some trouble.

Firstly, I would like to import some favourites.  I exported favourites from IE into a html file, but when I point IE Customisation Wizard toward a local folder containing only that html file, the favourites do not appear in the window in the IE Customisation Wizard.

I can use the same html file to import the favourites into IE, so there isn't anything wrong with the favourites file, afaik.

Am I going about it the right way?  Is there a better way to import these favourites into the Customisation Wizard?

Secondly - there is a legacy site that I would like to always have viewed in Compatibility View.  I cannot see a way to add a site to the compatibility view list through the IE Customisation Wizard?  I hope I am missing something simple here!

I'm aware of a technical alternative (adding a meta tag to the website telling IE to use compatibility view), but that is not an option in this particular case.

Thanks for any help

Wednesday, November 6, 2013 9:39 AM

Answers

All replies