selected default home page does not save RRS feed

• Question

• I have win8.1 w/IE11

Several times, I have opened my home page, gone to tools, internet options, selected use current as my home page and selected apply to set my home page as default. When I exit IE and go back, I am back to Bing search as my default every time. I didn't have the problem before the 8.1 upgade or ever before for that matter.

Monday, December 9, 2013 7:32 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Make sure you set as the following steps:

1.Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Internet Explorer icon on the taskbar.

2.Click the Tools button Tools button, and then click Internet options.

3.On the General tab, under Home page, enter the URL of the site you want to set as a home page. You can add more than one URL, or add the site you're currently viewing by clicking Use current. If you add more than on URL, put each URL on its own line.

4.Click Apply, and then tap or click OK. The next time you open a new browsing session or window (or tap or click the Home button), your home pages will be loaded automatically.

If it doesn't help, Your computer may be infected with a virus, malicious code may have been run on the computer, or you may have installed third-party software that changed your home page setting.

To fix this problem manually, follow these steps:
    1.Click Start, in the Start Search box, type regedit.

2.In the Programs list, click Regedit.exe. ◦If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or click Continue.

3.Locate and then right-click the following registry subkey:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\

4.Click Delete.

5.Locate and then check the following three registry subkeys, and then change the values of the Default_Page_URL and Start Page entry to your desired website. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main
    HKEY_ LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main
    HKEY_USERS\Default\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main

6.Restart the computer.

Note: Back up the registry entry before you modify it.

Karen Hu
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Karen Hu Wednesday, December 18, 2013 2:26 PM
    Tuesday, December 10, 2013 8:05 AM