none
Group Policy Infrastructure failed due to the error

Question

•      Recently the user Configuration Group Policy Settings configured for my domain have failed. I found the following error when running rsop on several different workstations: Group Policy Infrastructure failed due to the error listed below. Not Found. Note: Due to the GP Core failure, none of the other Group Policy components processed their policy. Consequently status information for the other components is not available.

We have a single domain with eight domain controllers (OS = Windows Server 2008R2 (Domain and Forrest level is Windows 2008R2)), 30 member servers (all Windows Server 2008R2), and 220 client workstations (all Windows 7 Professional SP1) in three different time zones.

Event logs have not been helpful in resolving this issue.

What should I be looking at.

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 4:54 PM

Answers

• I discovered that the most recent Microsoft security updates had not been pushed to four out of the eight domain controllers in our domain. As soon as the updates were applied the policies were no longer failing.

JeffRowlandXF

Monday, April 25, 2016 12:22 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I have not found any helpful information for your problem after searching a lot.

So I suggest you run the script below to generate group policy status report and post it to us for further research.

Get Group Policy Status

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/Group-Policy-Status-5ac117fd

Best Regards,

Jay

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 2:48 AM
  • I discovered that the most recent Microsoft security updates had not been pushed to four out of the eight domain controllers in our domain. As soon as the updates were applied the policies were no longer failing.

JeffRowlandXF

Monday, April 25, 2016 12:22 PM