none
Initial login info needs to be overridden

Question

• Hi, I am trying to unlock my friends laptop. She had a repair person work on her windows 10 machine. He deleted all the users except himself. He logged in using his Microsoft ID and password. Then he logged out, gave the laptop back and left. There is no way to get his password. How can I get around the login process that keeps asking for his password? Thanks, Jim
    Wednesday, April 05, 2017 3:35 PM

All replies

• Obviously, never let someone you don't trust work on your computer. You are going to have to get a password hack tool if you want to get into the image. Do a search and you will find several tools - https://www.lifewire.com/free-windows-password-recovery-tools-2626179

The simpler approach if the data is not critical is to just re-install Windows 10.

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide Windows 10 IoT Enterprise - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Wednesday, April 05, 2017 3:40 PM
  • Hi Jim Palatine,

"There is no way to get his password. How can I get around the login process that keeps asking for his password?"

Since you could get the Microsoft Account ID, you could e-mail that account to ask him for help.
    Your best bet is to ask the person to login the machine and create an account for you or I am afraid we have to perform a clean installation to regain access to the machine.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 06, 2017 6:19 AM