none
MSP 2010 Server PWA Timesheets RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I've just recently gone live with Project Server and we are also using it's timesheeting facilities.

This is a request i have had from one of my engineers.

"All of the administrative tasks that I entered last week are not in this week’s timesheet.  Can you please ensure that these are present in this week’s and all future timesheets."

Not all that strange, however each user will have a different selection of administative tasks, some will use a lot of different ones every week some wont want to see it ever again.

So the question is can an individual "Team Member" configure his PWA timesheet to show him what he wants without effecting others?

Thanks in Advance

Graeme.

Wednesday, August 1, 2012 4:01 AM

All replies

• Hi Graeme,

You already know that While configuring the Administrative Task in PWA> Server settings> Administrative Time, You can set the the always display which shows in each users' timesheet.

As far as I know, there is No out of the box way to have the Administrative Task populated on individual "Team Member" timesheet to show him/her what he/she wants without effecting others.

In this case, I would suggest to have all the Administrative to display always.

Hope that helps.

If you found this post helpful, please “Vote as Helpful”. If it answered your question, please “Mark as Answer”. Thanks, Amit Khare |EPM Consultant| Blog: http://amitkhare82.blogspot.com http://www.linkedin.com/in/amitkhare82

Wednesday, August 1, 2012 5:28 AM
  • Hi Amit,

Thanks for the reply.

I kind of though that was not possible but hoping it was, as there are a lot of good personalisations included in 2010, my trouble with showing a load of admin tasks is that i have custom columns for "Project" and "Activity" codes. (There are about 100 odd activity codes).

As I export the 2010 timesheets to a legacy timesheet system to run all manner of financial reports through, if i were to have all admin tasks showing then that would create a timesheet longer than a leg and make it quite unfriendly to use.

Thanks anyway will keep trying.

Graeme

Wednesday, August 1, 2012 11:12 PM