none
Dropdown parameter of report in sharepoint webpart got hang when clicked. RRS feed

• Question

• I am creating a web part which will have a SQL server report integrated into it. i have 6 parameter in the parameter box. one of the parameter have drop down in it. when i click on the drop down for the first time it works fine and give me all the values for selection. when i click on the drop down and then click else where on screen drop down got hanged. now, if i click on the drop down "Loading" icon of report used to get displayed and drop down does not open so i can't choose value. Its working fine in google chrome. Issue is with Internet Explorer. Please provide valuable suggestion for it.
    Saturday, May 2, 2015 12:47 PM

All replies

• HI,

f12>Debug tab, select "Break on unhandled exceptions" from the drop down, without closing the Developer tool, return to your sharepoint page and click the dropdown....

when an unhandled error is encountered the Developer tool will receive focus and display the line and column number where the error occurs in the file.

you can find out more about debugging your sharepoint and web sites at the IE Development Center - MSDN

Post general questions about html, css and scripting for website development to http://stackoverflow.com. Post sharepoint specific questions to the MSDN sharepoint support forums.

If possible include with your questions...
    A publicly accessible address of the website that is causing the issue.

The full Error message text... (you can copy and paste it from the Developer tool console or debug tab).

Regards.

Rob^_^

Monday, May 4, 2015 3:01 AM