none
Error Code : 0x80041013 Cannot get the list of static IP adresses. RRS feed

• Question

• We are getting a problem while configuring the Most Integration Server under "Insert IP-DLC Link Service".

The following message appears: Error Code : 0x80041013 Cannot get the list of static IP adresses.

We have checked the WMI.

We have Static IP addresses assigned to the Network Adapter in the HIS Server.

We are installing HIS 2010 on a Windows 2008 R2 server running in a VM environment.

Any help would be appreciated.

Yours sincerely - Werner

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 10:55 AM

Answers

• As we have discussed on email, I believe the error is happening because the WMIPRVSE process is getting an access denied error when calling CreateFile to open WmiSnaLinkServiceMS.dll as part of the process to add the link service.

In order to simulate something similar, I renamed WmiSnaLinkServiceMS.dll on a HIS 2010 Server, rebooted and then tried to add a IP-DLC link service. I got the error message that you are getting.

As for the access denied error, on my system a new wmiprvse process was started when trying to add a link service and it was running under the Network Service account. I have this account as part of my HIS Administrators and HIS Runtime Users groups. You could try adding Network Service to these groups as well if they are not members already.

You can also check the permissions assigned to the specified DLL and other HIS files in the %SNAROOT% folder.

Thanks...

Stephen Jackson - MSFT

• Marked as answer by Sparrow147 Thursday, November 22, 2012 9:12 AM
    Wednesday, November 21, 2012 7:43 PM

All replies

• As we have discussed on email, I believe the error is happening because the WMIPRVSE process is getting an access denied error when calling CreateFile to open WmiSnaLinkServiceMS.dll as part of the process to add the link service.

In order to simulate something similar, I renamed WmiSnaLinkServiceMS.dll on a HIS 2010 Server, rebooted and then tried to add a IP-DLC link service. I got the error message that you are getting.

As for the access denied error, on my system a new wmiprvse process was started when trying to add a link service and it was running under the Network Service account. I have this account as part of my HIS Administrators and HIS Runtime Users groups. You could try adding Network Service to these groups as well if they are not members already.

You can also check the permissions assigned to the specified DLL and other HIS files in the %SNAROOT% folder.

Thanks...

Stephen Jackson - MSFT

• Marked as answer by Sparrow147 Thursday, November 22, 2012 9:12 AM
    Wednesday, November 21, 2012 7:43 PM
  • Thanks a lot Stephen.

Adding NETWORK SERVICE to the groups "HIS Administrators" and "HIS Users" did the trick.

Werner Spreeuwenberg

Nationale Nederlanden

Thursday, November 22, 2012 9:14 AM