Outlook 2016 IMAP Emails Deleting RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, using IMAP account from an ISP on Outlook 2016 on Windows 10 Creators.  Suddenly yesterday emails from the Inbox all deleted and then were deleted from other devices.  As of this morning all of the other folders are now deleted as well.  On the ISP server I can see the Sent and Deleted Items and the Inbox is synced with Outlook and other clients but the Sent Items isn't and is full of all of the email that was sent (in other words this didn't delete anything).  I have backups but I have no idea if this is a bug in Outlook (or some weird ISP server outage).  Any thoughts?  When I was looking at the OST file this morning it was over 2gb which was strange because the Inbox was only 20ish emails.  Everytime I then closed and reopened Outlook the OST shrunk in size before finally settling on 65mb or so.  
    Wednesday, October 4, 2017 4:31 PM

All replies

• What if you complete remove this account, then reconfigure it in Outlook with a new Outlook profile?

If this happens on all the clients, then most likely it's an issue on the server side, from my opinion.

Thursday, October 5, 2017 9:40 AM
  • What if you complete remove this account, then reconfigure it in Outlook with a new Outlook profile?

If this happens on all the clients, then most likely it's an issue on the server side, from my opinion.

Thanks, not sure if it was this way on the iPhone, the ISP did some kind of remote session and recreated the profile which then recreated the other folders which were still on the server however the Inbox was wiped and needs to be restored from the backup.  
    Thursday, October 5, 2017 8:09 PM