Enter Your Account Information Error RRS feed

• Question

• I have a problem with my Outlook. Every time I log-in, it says Enter Your Account Information. And when I type the password (which is correct), it doesn't accept it. Thanks!
    Wednesday, April 29, 2020 1:44 AM

All replies

• Hi ,

Before going further, please make sure you have upgraded your Outlook to the latest version.
    What's the type of your account? POP, IMAP or Exchange?

In order to confirm if the issue is related to your Outlook for mac client, please try to log in to your webmail and see if your email account can work normally. It is also suggested for you to remove your email account on the Outlook client and reconfigure them manually to see if the issue continues.

According to my research, problems with the password cache may cause issues like this. Please check the steps below and see if it works:

1. Go to KeyChain Access.
    2. Check the option Login under Keychains and All items under category.
    3. Type your email address in the search box to find the information related to your email account.
    4. Delete the information related to your email account(Right click and select Delete"...")
    5. Restart your Outlook and log in to your email account.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 29, 2020 9:08 AM
  • Hi ,

Have you got your issue fixed?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you.

If you have any update about this issue, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 30, 2020 10:14 AM