none
Project 2010 interfering with Excel 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• When is Microsoft going to fix the bug that causes Project 2010 to cause Excel 2007 to stop working?  It's irritating to install software that ends up interfering with the other software I have installed.  This is the bug associated with *.EXD files created by Office which cause problems later.
    Tuesday, December 27, 2011 4:19 PM

Answers

• gaskill.wc,

Okay, sorry I don't know anything about .EXD files. I did a search on both my Mac and PC and neither has any with that extension. If they are something created by Office, you might want to try posting to an Office forum.

John

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 12:47 AM

All replies

• gaskill.wc,

"They" fix software issues with service packs and updates. You need to make sure you have the latest for both Project 2010 and Office installed. Go to, http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/office/ee748587. Ignore the reference to Project Server in the general guidance. Updates apply to all versions of Project.

Hope this helps.

John

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 4:53 PM
  • The only problem is that the *.EXD fix has been around for years.  I've installed all updates, installed a test version of Project 2010 and still had to do the fix myself.  It makes me not want to buy Project 2010 just because of this.
    Tuesday, December 27, 2011 6:27 PM
  • gaskill.wc,

Okay, sorry I don't know anything about .EXD files. I did a search on both my Mac and PC and neither has any with that extension. If they are something created by Office, you might want to try posting to an Office forum.

John

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 12:47 AM