Error 0x80070035 Windows 7 Pro RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I know this has been asked several times, but none of the other solutions work for my particular case.

I just purchased a new widows 7machine and it has the same error 0x80070035 my last 2 had initially. with the first 2 eventually they just worked were able to connect to the samba server for no apparent reason.

Now just got a new 7 machine and still error 0x80070035. I really cannot wait for it to magically work this time.

• all firewalls are off
    • cant connect using IP or FQDN
    • can access with user name and password on other machines windows 7 or XP.
    • All file sharing is on
    • Netbios over TCP on

Clients connect to the Samba file server using AD authentication.

I think it may be DNS related, but A record exists for new machine and its on the domain

I do not think it is the samba server that is the problem I believe it is the Windows 7 machine, because I have another Samba server more up to date, and cannot connect to that either.

If you need more info please ask.

Thursday, October 27, 2011 4:17 PM

Answers

• The issue can be caused by the SMB server that does not support SMBv2. Refer to the following website to disable SMB2 and check the result.

How to Disable SMB 2.0
    http://www.petri.co.il/how-to-disable-smb-2-on-windows-vista-or-server-2008.htm

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Thursday, November 3, 2011 3:37 AM
    Monday, October 31, 2011 7:07 AM

All replies

• The issue can be caused by the SMB server that does not support SMBv2. Refer to the following website to disable SMB2 and check the result.

How to Disable SMB 2.0
    http://www.petri.co.il/how-to-disable-smb-2-on-windows-vista-or-server-2008.htm

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Thursday, November 3, 2011 3:37 AM
    Monday, October 31, 2011 7:07 AM
  • Hi I have same problem when I connect to share folder QNAS(FW 3.7.8) in AD 2003R2 from W7SP1 x64 EN last update 21.7.2013. (Dell 830, 6500 ect.)I try magic with IP6 on/off, secret network adapter IP4/6,  adv. shar. settings 128 -> 40- 56/bit encrypt, Install uninstall updates, try credential manager ect.

One way for reason this issue for me and may network :-)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\LanmanWorkstation\Parameters\RequireSecuritySignature   dword:0

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 2:37 PM