Conversation view only opens the last message RRS feed

• Question

• In the past when using a conversation view in an unread only mode could click on a thread and start to read from the last message, clicking the down arrow to the next message, until the last message on that thread.

Lately my PC was reinstalled and now when I click a conversation that has multiple emails it only opens the last one and immediately marks the previous messages as unread.

How do I go back to the first behavior?

• Moved by Perry-Pan Tuesday, September 25, 2018 7:30 AM
    Tuesday, September 25, 2018 4:50 AM

All replies

• Hi Tom,

Do you mean that "an unread only mode" is a custom view to only show unread messages?

>> I click a conversation that has multiple emails it only opens the last one and immediately marks the previous messages as unread.

Would you mind providing a screenshot here for further research?

Please first try repairing Office to check the result. To do this, please go to Control Pane > Programs and Features. Right click your Office suit. Click Change and then click Repair.

Besides, we can try opening Outlook in safe mode to see if the issue continues. Please exit Outlook, press Win key + R to open the Run command, type outlook.exe /safe and then press Enter. This helps eliminate whether the problem lies on any third party add-ins.

Any updates, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to shareexplore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Tuesday, September 25, 2018 7:34 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Wednesday, September 26, 2018 9:31 AM
    Tuesday, September 25, 2018 7:30 AM
  • Hi Tom,

Have you checked the suggestion above? Does it work for you?

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, September 26, 2018 6:32 AM
  • Hi Tom,

How is everything going on with this issue?

I am writing to see how everything is going with this issue. If the information above was helpful, could you please help mark it as answer so it will be easy for other forum members who might have similar issues to find the useful one?

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, September 27, 2018 6:15 AM
  • Have you found the fix?

Regards,

Perry

Monday, October 1, 2018 9:00 AM