server 2016 update error RRS feed

• Question

• did quick web search cannot find anything...

where to start?

--- When you hit a wrong note its the next note that makes it good or bad. --- Miles Davis

Thursday, August 16, 2018 6:30 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for your information.

In the "update history" shown in the picture, we can see some updates that have not been installed. In the history, we can get general information about how to install. 

We can also decline these updates in the WSUS and approve again. Or we can go to the Windows update troubleshoot to fix it:

In addition, we can also check the details and prerequistes of the updates.

Best regards,
    Johnson

=====================
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    • Marked as answer by pob579 Friday, August 17, 2018 5:44 PM
    Friday, August 17, 2018 5:47 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your information.

In the "update history" shown in the picture, we can see some updates that have not been installed. In the history, we can get general information about how to install. 

We can also decline these updates in the WSUS and approve again. Or we can go to the Windows update troubleshoot to fix it:

In addition, we can also check the details and prerequistes of the updates.

Best regards,
    Johnson

=====================
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    • Marked as answer by pob579 Friday, August 17, 2018 5:44 PM
    Friday, August 17, 2018 5:47 AM
  • In server 2016 there is no Troubleshoot like in your screenshot (probably taken from W10, please correct me if you do have it in the server edition).

However, I gave a try and simply downloaded troubleshooter for Windows 10 that found few problems and fixed the WUA.

Then I had couple of weird things related to detection of Server 2016 on WSUS but finally fixed it too.

Thanks for the tip.

--- When you hit a wrong note its the next note that makes it good or bad. --- Miles Davis

Friday, August 17, 2018 5:44 PM