System freezes during "Rate and improve your compter's performance" RRS feed

• Question

• If I run the "Rate this computer", I see status from process and then Disk Performance.  Then, I don't see any disk activity and nothing is happening.  It is difficult to start task manager. i eventually had to cold-boot (power down and restart).

Is this common?  Is there a way to capture and error and sent to appropriate blah blah?

Tuesday, September 28, 2010 11:39 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for the post!

When you rate the computer, there are many running tasks, like adjusting visual effects, indexing options, power settings and etc. It would influence the speed of the computer. And the process of rating will take you a few minutes then give you some scores.

Do you get the scores after the rating?

Since some third-party software or malware will influence the speed and results. Please try Clean Boot, then rate the computer again.

Refer to http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Ways-to-improve-your-computers-performance

Please feel free to give me any update.

Best Regards,

Miya Yao
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Wednesday, October 6, 2010 9:05 AM
    Friday, October 1, 2010 2:26 AM