Cannot send Skype meeting request from Outlook RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.

We use MS Exchange 2010 on premise and Skype for business online. I have seen several time an error that user cannot send a Skype Meeting Request from Outlook. The error pops up and says in czech:

Požadavek byl neúspěšný. Zkuste to prosím znovu. Zkontrolujte, jestli jste přihlášení ke Skype pro firmy.

In english it is something like:

Request was not successfull. Please try again. Check that you are signed into Skype for business.

I can chat with other users, I can start ad-hoc meeting, I can open old invitations and connect, I can see the status of others. Yesterday it happend to me with Outlook 2013, today another user with Outlook 2010. We both tried to close and start Outlook, both tried to close and start Skype for business, both tried to reboot computer. It started to work for me today and at the same time my colleague was not able to create a meeting request.

Do you have any idea what should I search for?

Thank you

Best regards

Jan Kovar

Wednesday, April 6, 2016 2:16 PM

Answers

• This sounds like the sip address for SFB and your outlook email address are different, to get around this you can disable the an option in the client policy for that user so it doesn't compare the sfb sip address and email address.

Its recommended to create a new CSClientPolicy and set DisableEmailComparisonCheck to True, Grant this policy to a single user and validate it. If it works you can modify the policies are associated to the rest of the users that have this issue.

Regards Habib Mankal - Skype For Business/Office Servers and Services MVP Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you. http://blog.wavecoreit.com

• Proposed as answer by Liinus Monday, April 11, 2016 2:54 AM
    • Marked as answer by Eason Huang Thursday, April 14, 2016 6:08 AM
    Monday, April 11, 2016 12:40 AM

All replies

• Hello,

How often does this issue occur? How long does it impact?

Have you tried logging on the problematic user on another machine to have a test, does it work properly?

Since the issue only occur on some users, I suspect the cause is more reside on the client side. We can try:

1. Make sure the Skype client/Outlook client version is up to date.

2. Disable any third-party firewall or AV programs.

Thanks,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Simon Wu
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, April 7, 2016 12:56 PM
  • This sounds like the sip address for SFB and your outlook email address are different, to get around this you can disable the an option in the client policy for that user so it doesn't compare the sfb sip address and email address.

Its recommended to create a new CSClientPolicy and set DisableEmailComparisonCheck to True, Grant this policy to a single user and validate it. If it works you can modify the policies are associated to the rest of the users that have this issue.

Regards Habib Mankal - Skype For Business/Office Servers and Services MVP Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you. http://blog.wavecoreit.com

• Proposed as answer by Liinus Monday, April 11, 2016 2:54 AM
    • Marked as answer by Eason Huang Thursday, April 14, 2016 6:08 AM
    Monday, April 11, 2016 12:40 AM