I am stuck with this error..please help...attached my set up picture RRS feed

• Question

• Can someone please help me resolve this error...have attached my setup diagram tooo

Testing remote connectivity for user user@domain.com to the Microsoft Lync server.

Specified remote connectivity test(s) to Microsoft Lync server failed. See details below for specific failure reasons.

Additional Details
      Elapsed Time: 1857 ms.

Test Steps

Attempting to resolve the host name sip.domain.com in DNS.
      The host name resolved successfully.

Additional Details

IP addresses returned: 217.160.0.25
    Elapsed Time: 522 ms.
    Testing TCP port 443 on host sip.domain.com to ensure it's listening and open.
      The port was opened successfully.

Additional Details

Elapsed Time: 446 ms.
    Testing the SSL certificate to make sure it's valid.
      The SSL certificate failed one or more certificate validation checks.

Additional Details
      Elapsed Time: 407 ms.

Test Steps

The Microsoft Connectivity Analyzer is attempting to obtain the SSL certificate from remote server sip.domain.com on port 443.
      The Microsoft Connectivity Analyzer wasn't able to obtain the remote SSL certificate.

Additional Details

The certificate couldn't be validated because SSL negotiation wasn't successful. This could have occurred as a result of a network error or because of a problem with the certificate installation.

Elapsed Time: 383 ms. 

Monday, January 16, 2017 8:53 AM

All replies

• Verify the certificate property showing as valid.You can check this from certificate manager in your server where you installed.May be because of the certificate chain you have not installed .

Jayakumar K

Monday, January 16, 2017 2:11 PM
  • which server do I need to check?

SSL certificate shows the above SAN names are included....what do I do to very this error

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 9:04 AM
  • Hi Lexi,

From your post, it seems there are no any issues with certificate. We suggest you check if you have enabled “Enable remote user access” as the following snapshot before you do remote test:

If there are any questions or issues, please be free to let me know.            

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 9:32 AM
  • Hello thanks,

yes I did enable this before remote testing

Wednesday, January 18, 2017 9:07 AM
  • Hi Lexi.

Which host is 217.160.0.25??

You could check the SSL chain using https://Digicert.com/help or https://sslshopper.com/ssl-checker.html for issues on the SSL installation.

When you install an SSL certificate, don't forget to install the entire chain (root and intermediate certs) as well.

Kenneth ML || Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click Vote on the left side of the response, and if it answered your question please click Mark As Answer.

Wednesday, January 18, 2017 10:12 AM
  • I think 217... is the domain name provider
    Thursday, January 19, 2017 9:05 AM
  • That is the IP address your DNS query resolves to, it should resolve to your Edge public IP (according to your drawing).

You should make sure this is resolved first.

Then check the SSL chain as suggested previously.

Kenneth ML || Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click Vote on the left side of the response, and if it answered your question please click Mark As Answer.

Thursday, January 19, 2017 9:31 AM
  • Hey I amreally not sure why is it returning that...

I have DNS in my public domain provider set up as edge external ip, I can see DNS setting in publicc doamin as sip.domain.com Edge external Ip...then why is it not retruning that..what could be the issue...it also says succesful?

Thursday, January 19, 2017 11:20 AM
  • Hi Lexi,

To this issue, we suggest you re-run “Request, Install or Assign Certificates” in Skype for business server 2015 deployment wizard on Edge server, then run this remote test to check if the issue persist.

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 3, 2017 8:10 AM
  • am getting this error now

Testing remote connectivity for user jake@domain.com to the Microsoft Lync server.
      Specified remote connectivity test(s) to Microsoft Lync server failed. See details below for specific failure reasons.
      <label for="testSelectWizard_ctl12_ctl06_ctl03_tmmArrow"></label>

Additional Details

Couldn't sign in. Error: Error Message: The endpoint was unable to register. See the ErrorCode for specific reason..
    Error Type: RegisterException.
    Deregister Reason: None.
    Response Code: 504.
    Response Text: Server time-out.
    Elapsed Time: 1144 ms.

Friday, February 3, 2017 10:52 AM
  • Hi Lexi,

To this issue, we suggest you export CMS from FE, and re-run Skype for business deployment wizard on Edge (include certificate wizard), then check if the issue persist.

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu

• Proposed as answer by jim-xu Wednesday, February 8, 2017 6:25 AM
    Wednesday, February 8, 2017 5:48 AM