none
Resource Pool and people/groups do not match RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all, can someone tell me why when using the lookup people and groups field type, the search list does not match the resource pool? is this not suppose to be a list of users/groups that can be managed/edited.

There are dups and mistakes in the search results for the lookup people tool, but these bad records do not exist in the resource pool, I realize they must exist in the content db, is this only accessible by the site collection admin?

• Moved by Seven M Monday, July 11, 2011 8:26 AM not sharepoint post (From:SharePoint 2010 - Setup, Upgrade, Administration and Operation)
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 9:01 PM

Answers

• If you are talking about setting up a field in a sharepoint list to lookup people and groups then this is due to the fact that the people and groups it is looking up are NOT Project Server groups or people. it is SharePoint groups and people.

There is not a way, out of the box, to have a lookup table always equal the people in the Resource Pool.

This would require custom coding.

--- Brian Kennemer http://www.projectified.com
    Tuesday, July 12, 2011 5:25 PM

All replies

• If you are talking about setting up a field in a sharepoint list to lookup people and groups then this is due to the fact that the people and groups it is looking up are NOT Project Server groups or people. it is SharePoint groups and people.

There is not a way, out of the box, to have a lookup table always equal the people in the Resource Pool.

This would require custom coding.

--- Brian Kennemer http://www.projectified.com
    Tuesday, July 12, 2011 5:25 PM
  • Thanks Brian, I need to clean up the userinfo table in the content db, the reason for my post was to find out how to clear out mistakes and deleted users from the sharePoint content db.

Thank for clarifying that the resource pool is project server data, that makes sense to me now, and I read up on how Sharepoint creates user profiles.

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 7:45 PM