none
Convert a Daily Tape to a Monthly to send offsite RRS feed

• Question

• I missed the Monthly Backup on Tape for January but I kept aside a complete set of tapes (4) from daily backup done early January.

How do I mark them as monthly backup for January on DPM 2010 to send them offsite ?

Regads, Jagath

Monday, February 7, 2011 4:16 AM

Answers

All replies

• the data on daily backup tapes are "Expired" as of now
    Monday, February 7, 2011 9:50 PM
  • Hi,

Once you inactivate the alert for the failed monthly backup, there is no way to re-create the backup job. If you like, you can just externally label the tape showing it's from January and leave it off site.  If you do need to restore data from it, just return it and recatalog the tape and you can restore data from it under the recovery tab from the external DPM tapes tree.

Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Monday, February 7, 2011 11:55 PM
  • Thanks for that informnation.

Can we update the dpm database records to set expiry of those tapes to the date we need, so that they appear on reports?

Tuesday, February 8, 2011 4:15 AM
  • Hi,

Afraid not - they will show up on the report as overdue tapes, and you can just ignore.

Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, February 9, 2011 9:40 PM