none
Filtering Users in Who Does What Report RRS feed

• Question

• Hello! I'm using a shared resource pool, and we list out every staff member in the company. When I assign specific people from the pool to my project, and run the "Who Does What" report, I end up with people who are not allocated to my project (they are part of other projects, but given the timeframe, they end up in the report).

Is there a way to filter out users so only allocated users will be shown in the report?

Thanks!

Wednesday, April 1, 2015 4:48 PM

All replies

• It works when I close the pool, and run the report with a modified "Resources - Work" filter using the Project field (e.g., add the second condition <Project equals project_name> to the filter, use the AND operator). 
    Wednesday, April 1, 2015 9:25 PM
  • Assuming you have MSP2010,

The who does what report uses, or refers to, the Resources - Work filter. You can see this by clicking project, reports, custom, and you will see the complete list of available reports, then select the who does what report and click edit.

This is the same as for views, tables, filters, groups when you go to more views, more tables, more filters, more groups.
    You get the full list and can edit, copy etc.

It is best not to change the original filter or report. Better housekeeping is to copy them both, give the copies new, distinctive names such as "AA My Resources - Work 01" and "AA My Who Does What 01". Then you can do what you like to these, while the originals are preserved in their original state.

Wednesday, April 1, 2015 11:05 PM
  • You can also make that filter interactive as it is seen below:

Wednesday, April 1, 2015 11:09 PM