SM portal is not working. RRS feed

• Question

• I have two SM portal (SCSM 2012 SP1) in my environment. One of the portal is accessible over intranet (Internal Users) and another portal is accessible over internet (external user). We have create a DNS record for this secondary portal and it was working fine with the new web url of external portal. But now I can see this below error and showing portal all blank:

I tried the external website over intranet and internet, result is same. But secondary portal is accessible by http://servername/smportal however is not accessible through new web url. How to figure out what is the issue ?

Thanks,

Nishant

Regards, Nishant

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 5:34 AM

Answers

• Maybe this blogpost is helpful:

FAQ: Why is my Self-Service Portal/Service Catalog Blank?

Andreas Baumgarten | H&D International Group

• Proposed as answer by Yan Li_ Wednesday, January 18, 2017 8:07 AM
    • Marked as answer by Andreas BaumgartenMVP Tuesday, April 4, 2017 10:31 PM
    Tuesday, January 17, 2017 4:57 PM
  • Hello,

In addition, did you try to install Microsoft Silverlight? 

Based on my understanding, the portal is working well with the old URL, but when access it with the DNS record newly created, you cannot view its content. I would like to know that whether the new DNS record is an alias for the old URL? If the new record is an alias for the old URL, this should not break the portal.

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Yan Li_ Tuesday, January 31, 2017 3:06 AM
    • Marked as answer by Nishantrajmitra Thursday, February 2, 2017 6:37 AM
    Wednesday, January 18, 2017 8:14 AM

All replies

• Maybe this blogpost is helpful:

FAQ: Why is my Self-Service Portal/Service Catalog Blank?

Andreas Baumgarten | H&D International Group

• Proposed as answer by Yan Li_ Wednesday, January 18, 2017 8:07 AM
    • Marked as answer by Andreas BaumgartenMVP Tuesday, April 4, 2017 10:31 PM
    Tuesday, January 17, 2017 4:57 PM
  • Hello,

In addition, did you try to install Microsoft Silverlight? 

Based on my understanding, the portal is working well with the old URL, but when access it with the DNS record newly created, you cannot view its content. I would like to know that whether the new DNS record is an alias for the old URL? If the new record is an alias for the old URL, this should not break the portal.

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Yan Li_ Tuesday, January 31, 2017 3:06 AM
    • Marked as answer by Nishantrajmitra Thursday, February 2, 2017 6:37 AM
    Wednesday, January 18, 2017 8:14 AM