none
unable to deploy dashboard to MOSS RRS feed

• Question

• hi, i am trying to deploy MSPP server 2007 dashboard on to MOSS 2007 server on the same machine
    it is a windows 2003 server machine sp2, v.4566
    i have asp .net 2.0 ajax extensions 1.0 deployed on my machine
    When I try deploying the dashboard on a new SharePoint site on which I have admin or contributor rights( which was not specified while configuring monitoring server "Dashboard view for SharePoint services"), I get access to the SharePoint site and my dashboard gets deployed in the shared documents folder. Since I had not specified the site in the configuration the web part fails to give me access to the dashboard and generates the following error (The control type 'Microsoft.PerformancePoint.Scorecards.WebParts.ScriptManagerLoader' is not allowed on this page. The type is not registered as safe.). After specifying the server in the monitoring server configuration I  am not able to deploy the web part at all giving me the following error during specification of sharepoint site for deploying the dashboard (The URL for the SharePoint Site is not valid, or you currently have no access to this SharePoint Site. Please enter a new URL), even though I have full admin site collector access on that site. what is it that makes the deployment unsuccesful after configuring the monitoring server to that sharepoint site. even after changing the configuration to some other sharepoint site, the previous site fails to deploy the reports. what further settings i need to conduct in order to successfully deploy the dashboard on the share point site.
    Tuesday, February 2, 2010 2:08 PM

All replies

• Are you a Site Collection Administrator for the site you are trying to configure this with?

Configuring SharePoint Products and Technologies for Monitoring Server

The administrator installing this component is a site collection administrator on the selected SharePoint site collection. If the user installing this component is not a site collection administrator, the installation of this component fails because access is denied. By default, neither members of the SharePoint Farm Administrators group nor members of the Administrators group on the local server computer are site collection administrators. They must specifically take ownership of a site collection by adding themselves as site collection administrators.

If you need to conifgure this with multiple web applications take a look at my posting here - Deploying PerformancePoint Server (PPS) Dashboard Viewer web part to new Web Application
    <!---->

Dan English's BI Blog
    Tuesday, February 2, 2010 6:36 PM
  • i am the site collection administrator of the specified share point site as i have already mentioned before.
    Wednesday, February 3, 2010 4:44 AM
  • Does the previous site that you originally configured work for deployment and also for viewing dashboards?

Were you successfully able to configure the new site with the dashboard viewer component or is this a sub site in the original site you configured?

What permissions does the identity of the PPS Web Service application pool have on the site that you are trying to deploy to?
    Dan English's BI Blog
    Wednesday, February 3, 2010 12:00 PM
  • i reinstalled the software but it now gives me the following error
    (there are currently no document libraries for this sharepoint site.Please select another sharepoint url or contact the sharepoint administrator to add a document library to the sharepoint site)
    even though i created a seperate library for the same(apart from the default shared library) i am not able to understand the reason behind the error. Kindly provide some input. 
    Thursday, February 4, 2010 5:44 AM
  • Were you successfully able to configure the new site with the dashboard viewer component?  It sounds like you were and you are now just trying to deploy a dashboard.

What permissions does the identity of the PPS Web Service application pool have on the site that you are trying to deploy to?  If they are not a site collection Admin or have contributor access try setting the account up accordingly and try again.
    Dan English's BI Blog
    Thursday, February 4, 2010 11:37 AM
  • the PPS Web service application pool identity manager is configured to my ID the same as the sharepoint site's site collection admin. i have even enables anonymous access to the site on my id. but it is throwing up the error (there are currently no document libraries for this sharepoint site.Please select another sharepoint url or contact the sharepoint administrator to add a document library to the sharepoint site).
    Saturday, February 6, 2010 6:19 AM
  • You definitely do not want to enable anonymous access, you want to use Integrated Windows Authentication.  I am assuming you have your account setup properly to run an Application Pool.  Make sure you are referencing the actual site where the document libraries exist and not just the root site.  If you have contributor access to the library you should be good to go for deploying a dashboard.  This is what you are trying to do at this point right?  You were able to successfully deploy and install the dashboard viewer component when you reinstalled PPS M&A?
    Dan English's BI Blog
    Saturday, February 6, 2010 3:24 PM
  • if i disable anonymous access to the site url i get the error  (The URL for the SharePoint Site is not valid, or you currently have no access to this SharePoint Site. Please enter a new URL). i have set up the identity manager for sharepoint site and the pps monitoring to my id. i am trying to reference the actual site but it is still not able to resolve it. i had successfully deployed and installed the dashboard viwer component when i reinstalled M&A. If i try deploying my dashboard from MOSS site a pop up comes up and asks for credentials.If i provide my credntials it throws an unexpected error.
    Monday, February 8, 2010 5:07 AM
  • Identity Manager?  How do you have your SharePoint site setup?  I thought this was all on a single server setup and you were trying to deploy the dashboard directly on the server.  Are you using NTLM for the security?  Are you not connected to the same domain that the server is on?  Something does not seem right with your configuration and setup here.  You definitely do not want to have anonymous configured, so it you are unable to access the site properly without this you really need to revisit your SharePoint configuration.
    Dan English's BI Blog
    Monday, February 8, 2010 11:45 AM
  • hi.. we have the sharepoint and MSPP setup on the same server. i meant application pool identity is configurable to my id on the same domain as the sharepoint site as well as the MSPP server.I am using NTLM  for authentication. I have removed anonymous access as you had pointed out. is there a problem with the sharepint server installation?? with anonymous access enabled using my windows user account for access on the sharepoint site the error changes to (there are currently no document libraries for this sharepoint site.Please select another sharepoint url or contact the sharepoint administrator to add a document library to the sharepoint site). so perhaps it is able to access the site with anonymous access. another strange issue i noticed is when i do not configure the share point site to the Monitoring server during the monitoring server configuration (dashboard viwer for sharepoint services component) the sharepoint site url is successfully identified while deploying the dashboard listing the document libraries available.Since the site is not configured it cannot display the dashboard as safe control tag for performance point would be missing from the web.config of the site's url. but once i configure the site to monitoring server, MSPP fails to recognize the site's URL (even after removing again from configuration).
    Tuesday, February 9, 2010 5:00 AM