SCSM 2012 R2 Notifications and Services Request RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Guys

In my SCSM 2012 R2, have 2 doubts with respect to notification and Services Request.

In the notifications, I have several templates and I need two notifications I have not been able to resolve.

1.- As I can send notification of completed services request to the users that made the request,

2.- As I can send notification of assignment to the user who was assigned the ticket request services with copy to user that made the request.

With respect to Services Request

When I open a ticket of services request, automatically open a ticket of incident when I assigned the request to a user of help Desk.It is normal that an incident is believed when I assign a user to request.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

SAN

Friday, December 11, 2015 1:27 AM

Answers

• Hi Sebastian,

here is what you can do:

•  "send notification of completed services request to the users that made the request"

1.In the Service Manager console, click Administration.
    2.In the Administration pane, expand Workflows, and then click Configuration.
    3.Select Service Request Event Workflow Configuration, and then click Configure Workflow Rules in the Tasks pane.
    4.In the Configure Workflows dialog box, click Add.
    5.In the Configure Workflows for Objects of Class Service Request Wizard, click Next on the Before You Begin page.
    6.On the Workflow Information page, type a name and a description for the workflow. In the Check for events list, ensure that the When an object is updated item is selected, and then click Next.
    7.On the Specify Criteria page, select the Changed From tab. Under Available Properties, select Status, and then click Add.
    8.Under Criteria, select Completed.
    9.Click the Changed To tab.
    10.Under Available Properties, select Status, and then click Add.
    11.Under Criteria, select Closed, and then click Next.
    12.On the Apply Template page, clear the Apply the selected template check box, and then click Next.
    13.On the Select People to Notify page, select the Enable notification check box.
    14.Under User, select Assigned To User. Under Template, select Assigned To User Notification Template, click Add, and then click Next.
    15.On the Summary page, review the summary information, and then click Create.
    16.On the Completion page, click Close.

• "can send notification of assignment to the user who was assigned the ticket request services with copy to user that made the request."

Here you can follow this guide (Scenario 5):

How to configure notifications for assignment/re-assignment as well as action log and user comment updates for Incidents and Service Requests in SCSM

For other alternatives you can get an overview here:

SCSM Assignment/Re-Assignment Notify Options

When you are selecting the "Select People to Notify" you just add both "Affected User" and "Assigned to" user, each with its respective template. In this case both will get the notification for assignment/re-assignent.

There are also some "ready to use" solutions, but I must say I haven't tested them and cannot give feedback. If you decide to test them, please also don't forget to add the  "Affected User" to the " Select People to Notify" so that both get the notification according the specified template.

Hope this helps you. Regards,

Stoyan (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!)

Friday, December 11, 2015 2:43 PM