cover page problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

this not a developer question, but I don't know where else to post it! The problem is simple to describe: You have a document with Page Layout set as "Different First Page". You then first insert a "Cover Page" and then remove it. When removing, it also removes the setting "Different First Page".

Is there any setting that could avoid this behaviour? The user interface for adding and removing Cover Pages is very good, so I prefer not to construct anything similar programmatically.

Thanks,
    Peeter

Monday, October 21, 2013 3:25 PM

Answers

• Thanks for the reply.

I'm afraid it does not make any difference on the behaviour of adding and removing a Cover Page.

Having only one section in a document, and setting "This point forward" when the cursor is at the top of the document, is the same as the setting "The whole document".

If you have only one section in the document, removing the Cover Page unchecks the setting "Different First Page". This is the main concern.

/Peeter

Hi,

You can partition the document into two sections when you intend to add a cover page. The first section for the cover page, the second for the actual documents.

If your are looking for a built-in solution from MS Word, maybe other community users can help to answer your question.

Cheers,

Tas Chew

• Marked as answer by Tony Chen CHN Monday, October 28, 2013 1:43 PM
    Wednesday, October 23, 2013 12:39 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

Since the issue is more relate to the feature of Word, I'd like to move it to Word IT pro forum.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.

Thanks for your understanding.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 1:53 AM
  • ... You then first insert a "Cover Page" and then remove it. When removing, it also removes the setting "Different First Page".

Is there any setting that could avoid this behaviour? The user interface for adding and removing Cover Pages is very good, so I prefer not to construct anything similar programmatically...

Hi,

When you set the Page Layout to Different first page, you also need to configure it to This point forward as shown in the screenshot. When inserting the Cover Page, your cursor should be placed before the point where you set to This point forward.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Tas Chew

• Edited by Tas76 Wednesday, October 23, 2013 12:39 PM
    Wednesday, October 23, 2013 10:50 AM
  • Thanks for the reply.

I'm afraid it does not make any difference on the behaviour of adding and removing a Cover Page.

Having only one section in a document, and setting "This point forward" when the cursor is at the top of the document, is the same as the setting "The whole document".

If you have only one section in the document, removing the Cover Page unchecks the setting "Different First Page". This is the main concern.

/Peeter

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 11:34 AM
  • Thanks for the reply.

/Peeter

Hi,

You can partition the document into two sections when you intend to add a cover page. The first section for the cover page, the second for the actual documents.

If your are looking for a built-in solution from MS Word, maybe other community users can help to answer your question.

Cheers,

Tas Chew

• Marked as answer by Tony Chen CHN Monday, October 28, 2013 1:43 PM
    Wednesday, October 23, 2013 12:39 PM