Office home & student 2007 downloaded but not there windows 8 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I've recently bought a new laptop with Windows 8 on it and no disc drive.  I have an edition of Office Home & Student 2007 which has been successfully installed on one PC.  I've downloaded this same version from this site and have put in the product key from the box.  This all appears to have been successful, but then I cannot find any office programs anywhere on the computer.  When I click the Office app on the start screen, it just gives me a pop up trying to get me to buy 2010... there is an option saying I've already installed another version, but this just takes me back to download it again which was then unsuccessful the second time.  Restarting hasn't revealed in anywhere.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer,

Susie

Monday, January 7, 2013 3:40 AM

All replies

• By looking the above symptoms I suspect the installed office suite is in messy state - either it's a trial version and it got expired or it's not registered/activated or Office interdependent files might have corrupted/missing. In this scenario, I recommend you to try the following - try to keep only one Office suite, not the multiple versions of it and remove the rest of them. On successful removal, I would suggest you to repair/reinstall the single Office suite to avoid any issue, fully patch it and make sure to register it.

DeVa, M.S., {MSFT} Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help

Monday, January 7, 2013 5:59 PM
  • In Win 8, you can see the listed Office suites icons by doing the following:

Go to Win 8 "Modern UI" > Right Click > Select "All Apps" > This will list you all the installed apps, including Office apps.

DeVa, M.S., {MSFT} Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help

Monday, January 7, 2013 6:01 PM