none
SharePoint - view the user groups I own?

Question

• This seems like such a basic thing - either I'm too dumb to figure out the obvious, or SharePoint is too dumb to have this obvious feature.

I want to see which user groups I own.

Can anybody confirm if this is possible, in any kind of relatively straightforward way?

Many thanks.

Thursday, April 6, 2017 8:56 AM

All replies

• Hi Nicodemu88,

You can refer the below link, powershell script to get all SP groups where particular user is part of the group.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/31207.sharepoint-2013-how-to-check-effective-permissions-of-a-user-in-each-site-in-a-site-collection.aspx 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kindly mark this as answer, if you feel it helps your query

Thursday, April 6, 2017 9:34 AM
  • Do you want to know how many groups you have been assigned as "Group Owner" as shown below?
    Thursday, April 6, 2017 3:11 PM
  • Get Current Logged-in User Group Collection Using SPServices JQuery Library

The $().SPServices JavaScript Add-on provide the function $().SPServices. GetGroupCollectionFromUser,

which will help to get details of all groups belongs to current logged-in user in the SharePoint site.

Get current logged-in user group collection using $().SPServices.GetGroupCollectionFromUser:

var userGroups = [];
    $().SPServices({
        operation: "GetGroupCollectionFromUser",
        async: false,
        userLoginName: 'i:0#.f|membership|amitkumar@amitkumarmca04.blogspot.com',
        completefunc: function (xData, Status) {

$(xData.responseXML).find("Group").each(function () {
                userGroups.push($(this).attr("Name"));
            });
        }
    });
    console.log(userGroups);

In the above code block, I am passing the login name of particular user to get user group collection. We can also use $().SPServices.SPGetCurrentUser() to get the user group collection of current logged-in user.

Thanks, Amit Kumar, LinkedIn Profile ** My Blog

Friday, April 7, 2017 10:11 AM