Windows 7 changed to a Basic Theme Version with No Connectivity RRS feed

• General discussion

• My laptop was working fine before yesterday. When I logged in in the evening, I found my Windows 7 was changed to an old theme of windows, I cannot listen to any audio file, the Anti Virus components have all been disabled or removed, I am not able to connect to the internet by creating any network or any Wi-fi or using any Wireless Data Card.

When I tried to reinstall the OS using my Dell CD, After expanding files in the checklist it gives an error that " some DLL file cannot be copied or missing"

When I log in to my other installed OS( Windows Vista Business), it logs me off saying " This copy is not genuine"

Please suggest

Thursday, January 19, 2012 8:57 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Regarding the issue, I suggest that you could check the system configuration via MSCONFIG.

If the system configuration is correct, this problem also could be caused by system file corrupted or virus. Please try to restore your system in Windows RE:

1.       Start up your computer, press F8,then chose system repair.(Or put the Windows 7 installation disc in the disc drive, and then start the computer.)

2.       Press a key when you are prompted.

3.       Select a language, a time, a currency, a keyboard or an input method, and then click Next.

4.       Click Repair your computer.

5.       Click the operating system that you want to repair, and then click Next.

6.       In the System Recovery Options dialog box, click System Restore.

7.       Then chose a system store point follow the wizard.

If the issue persists, please run “sfc /scannow” in Windows RE to check the system file.

“When I tried to reinstall the OS using my Dell CD, After expanding files in the checklist it gives an error that " some DLL file cannot be copied or missing"”

This problem could be caused by the installation media, please contact the manufacturer to get a new DVD.

“When I log in to my other installed OS( Windows Vista Business), it logs me off saying " This copy is not genuine"”

Please understand, this forum is used to discuss Windows 7 related issue. For Windows Vista related issue, please post the question to Microsoft Windows Vista forum.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/windowsvistaitpro

William Tan

TechNet Community Support

Monday, January 23, 2012 8:59 AM