Outlook freezing before reminders open. RRS feed

• Question

• I have been having an issue in which Outlook will freeze up if you open an email or create a new email before the reminders from the calendar list. It's only effecting certain users within the Network and once the reminders have loaded for the first time on the morning Outlook will run fine. Outlook is also using the Dynamics 365 plugin which I suspect could be the issue as generally Outlook will run fine in Safemode or with the add-ins disabled. Was wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if there are any fixes out there or any further troubleshooting I could try.
    • Edited by Mattylad777 Tuesday, April 9, 2019 10:33 AM
    Tuesday, April 9, 2019 10:30 AM

All replies

• When Outlook runs fine with the add-ins disabled, it shouldn't be hard to figure out which one is actually causing the issue. When you expect the Dynamics 365 add-in, start with disabling that and see if Outlook runs without issues then.

Once you've figured out which add-in is causing the issues, check whether there is an update available for it (it is always wise to stay up-to-date :-)) to make sure you are not troubleshooting an already fixed issue.

Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
    Outlook guides and more: HowTo-Outlook.com
    Outlook Quick Tips: MSOutlook.info

Tuesday, April 9, 2019 10:59 AM
  • Hi,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    And if you need further assistance on this, please feel free to post back

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, April 12, 2019 1:29 AM