MDT 2013 Update 1 - Capturing an Image RRS feed

• Question

• I've recently configured MDT 2013 Update 1. Installing an OS (Windows 7) with the relevant applications has been a breeze, I have then done a bit of customising and wanting to capture this machine as a WIM. This is where I hit problems. I strive for that white background and I'm really stumped on a few errors I'm getting. 

The process I follow is browse to \\servername\deploymentshare$\scripts whilst logged into the OS and run the litetouch.wsf script to launch the wizard, I then go through the process of adding in the capture directory and name of the WIM on the task sequence, the machine Sysprep's and boots into Windows PE and starts to capture the machine, it even uploads into \\servername\deploymentshare$\captures which isn't then the final summary pops up with a yellow background to tell me there has been a few errors. They are below:

ERROR - rule Priority key not set in section [Settings]

ERROR processing Ini settings.  No further processing.

ZTI ERROR - Non-zero return code by ZTIGather, rc = 1

FAILURE ( 5206 ): The Deployment Wizard was cancelled or did not complete successfully.  The deployment will not proceed.

Below is my customsettings.ini:

[Settings]
    Priority=Default
    Properties=MyCustomProperty

[Default]
    OSInstall=Y
    SkipAdminPassword=Yes
    SkipProductKey=Yes
    SkipBDDWelcome=Yes
    SkipApplications=No
    SkipComputerBackup=Yes
    SkipBitLocker=YES
    SkipDeploymentType=Yes
    SkipDomainMembership=No
    SkipPackageDisplay=Yes
    SkipUserData=Yes
    SkipWizard=No
    SkipSummary=No
    SkipFinalSummary=No
    SkipTimeZone=Yes
    SkipLocaleSelection=Yes
    WSUSServer=http://WSUS:8530
    UserDataLocation=None
    SkipCapture=No
    DoCapture=Yes
    Backupshare=\\servername\deploymentshare$\captures
    FinishAction=Restart

AdminPassword=password
    Countrycode=44
    TimeZone=085
    TimeZoneName=GMT Standard Time
    UILanguage=en-GB
    UILanguagefallback=0809:00000809
    KeyboardLocale=0809:00000809 
    UserLocale=en-GB
    InputLocale=0809:00000809
    SystemLocale=0809:00000809
    BitsPerPel=32
    VRefresh=60
    XResolution=1
    YResolution=1

I can't see much wrong with that ini file, however, I also can't see why the task sequence would be finishing with errors. Does anyone have any advice on this, or has had the same problem when capturing?

I have the BDD log uploaded on my dropbox account if needs be:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1yb75lkkixg5lbc/BDD.log?dl=0

Wednesday, October 28, 2015 11:37 AM

All replies

• Looking in the log the error is at the very start which suggests its picking up a problem from before the sequence was even started.

I'd be tempted to not be worried by this at all given it's finished the capture correctly.

What to do next time though is before you run litetouch, is to make sure that C:\Minint DOESNT exist. Otherwise you'll capture any problems with previous sequences etc.

Also search your DS for "customsettings.ini" and make sure that you don't have a second one hidden away anywhere, also double check your bootstrap.ini as it can be used to hold variables too and there's a chance that it's not configured correctly with the Priority.

Unrelated to the errors you're seeing here, I don't think that X and Y resolution set to 1 is a good idea, is it?

Wednesday, October 28, 2015 11:52 AM
  • You can completely ignore that error. A likely scenario is you booted to litetouch and realized you needed to run it from within the OS and canceled the wizard.

As for the resolution being set to 1 x 1, that's fine it'll just cause Windows to apply the optimal resolution instead.

If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

Wednesday, October 28, 2015 5:16 PM
  • As for the resolution being set to 1 x 1, that's fine it'll just cause Windows to apply the optimal resolution instea

I did not know that. Thanks :)

Thursday, October 29, 2015 8:13 AM
  • Remove TimeZone=85

Logs are very important. If you are unsure how to post logs or where to find them then reference https://keithga.wordpress.com/2014/10/24/video-mdt-2013-log-files-basics-bdd-log-and-smsts-log/ Also if you have made customizations please mention them when asking for help.

Thursday, October 29, 2015 10:20 PM