Freshly installed MS Exchange 2016 error after installation RRS feed

• Question

• I did a fresh install of Microsoft Exchange  2016 and i get this error,

Attempting to send a test email message to capnbio@swiftgaming.us using MX mail.swiftgaming.us.

The server returned status code 421 - Service not available, closing transmission channel. The server response was: 4.3.2 Service not active
    Exception details:
    Message: Service not available, closing transmission channel. The server response was: 4.3.2 Service not active
    Type: System.Net.Mail.SmtpException
    Stack trace:
    at System.Net.Mail.MailCommand.CheckResponse(SmtpStatusCode statusCode, String response)
    at System.Net.Mail.SmtpTransport.SendMail(MailAddress sender, MailAddressCollection recipients, String deliveryNotify, Boolean allowUnicode, SmtpFailedRecipientException& exception)
    at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message)
    at Microsoft.Exchange.Tools.ExRca.Tests.SmtpMessageTest.PerformTestReally()

I did the test on the connectivity test for Microsoft exchange server, and I get this error, not sure what exactly I did wrong, but I need help.

• Edited by CapnBio Thursday, September 15, 2016 4:56 PM
    Thursday, September 15, 2016 4:50 PM

Answers

All replies

Attempting to send a test email message to capnbio@swiftgaming.us using MX mail.swiftgaming.us.

The server returned status code 421 - Service not available, closing transmission channel. The server response was: 4.3.2 Service not active
    Exception details:
    Message: Service not available, closing transmission channel. The server response was: 4.3.2 Service not active
    Stack trace:
    at System.Net.Mail.MailCommand.CheckResponse(SmtpStatusCode statusCode, String response)
    at System.Net.Mail.SmtpTransport.SendMail(MailAddress sender, MailAddressCollection recipients, String deliveryNotify, Boolean allowUnicode, SmtpFailedRecipientException& exception)

I did the test on the connectivity test for Microsoft exchange server, and I get this error, not sure what exactly I did wrong, but I need help.

Did you configure any accepted domains?  What about firewall rules?  Is port 25 opened?

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread

Thursday, September 15, 2016 5:43 PM
  • Please ensure that you have the correct DNS record. If you have a specific set of IPs you get mail for, then you can limit it there if you want for an extra layer or protection.  But you won't be an open relay unless you create an accepted domain policy for. Check this blog for how to Configure Exchange Server 2016 for SMTP Application Relay: http://exchangeserverpro.com/exchange-2016-smtp-relay-connector/

Also check this earlier thread might helps you: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/exchange/en-US/63bf5981-faa6-40d0-93cd-f5b15d780f73/error-421-exchange-server-2007?forum=exchangesvrsecuremessaginglegacy

For your server to receive email from the internet and deliver it to internal recipients there needs to be:
    - An Accepted Domain configured for the organization
    - An email address assigned to the recipient
    - MX records in your public DNS zone
    - SMTP connectivity from external senders to your Exchange server, or a mail route that leads to your Exchange server
    Get in detailed here: http://exchangeserverpro.com/inbound-mail-flow-for-exchange-server-2016/

Configure Exchange Server 2016 to Send and Receive External Emails:
    http://www.mustbegeek.com/configure-exchange-server-2016-to-send-and-receive-external-emails/

Hope this helps!

Migrate mailboxes, Public Folders, Outlook profiles and rules and GAL etc. to-and-fro Exchange Servers and Office 365 with LepideMigrator for Exchange

• Marked as answer by CapnBio Saturday, September 24, 2016 5:25 PM
    Friday, September 16, 2016 5:10 AM
  • Hi CapnBio,

Given the error “the server response was: 4.3.2 Service not active”, please check and try as following ways:

1. Added your sending IP Address to the field "Receive mail from remote server that have this IP Address" of your receive connector;
    2. Check and make sure the Exchange transport service are running correctly;
    3. Make sure all exchange components are in active state;
    4. Check if any related event error in Application log;
    5. Any AV installed? If yes, please disable and check the results.

Hope it helps.

Jason Chao
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as an answer if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Edited by Jason.Chao Friday, September 16, 2016 8:46 AM
    Friday, September 16, 2016 8:46 AM
  • Hey guys, I will keep you updated with all of your responses, thank you. My port 25 is open, and the server is running as well, and I am sure the back-end is running well, I will keep you updated.
    Friday, September 16, 2016 4:58 PM

Exception details:
    Stack trace:

Did you configure any accepted domains?  What about firewall rules?  Is port 25 opened?

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread

I am accepting all domains, so i put a wildcard (*) to accept all domains, but that worked on a previous 2013 install. Firewall rules are all ports that are needed by the exchange server are on exceptions, and port 25 is open.
    Saturday, September 17, 2016 4:02 AM
  • Thanks for your efforts.

Please check as the list as my reply. If you have any updates, please feel free to post out.

Best regards,

Jason Chao

Please remember to mark the replies as an answer if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, September 19, 2016 3:10 AM
  • Thanks for your efforts.

Please check as the list as my reply. If you have any updates, please feel free to post out.

Best regards,

Jason Chao

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact

So the only thing is that it did not work, I will try to make a fresh install again to see what I did wrong and will keep you guys updated.
    Wednesday, September 21, 2016 1:29 AM
  • Thanks for your reply, please keep updating.

Jason Chao

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 2:36 AM
  • Thanks for your reply, please keep updating.

Jason Chao

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact 

Thank you for everything, the solution was quite obvious, I forgot a couple of things, basically I forgot about framework 4.6 and was not fully updated either with the hotfix, so now my only issue is that the Microsoft Remote Connectivity Analyzer is saying i have an open relay now, which is normal for me since I did put a Wildcard (*) to accept from all domains. Is there a way to get passed it and still pass the tests? Or is it normal?
    Wednesday, September 21, 2016 1:39 PM
  • Actually I'll take what I said back, it went on the same error when i was trying to test it, it was working at the beginning but get it just did the same error after a little while of testing.
    Wednesday, September 21, 2016 6:05 PM
  • So after searching for a really long time, I got it to work, the link is

servolutions[.]com/support/articles/Temporaryservererror2013.htm

• Marked as answer by CapnBio Saturday, September 24, 2016 5:24 PM
    Saturday, September 24, 2016 5:24 PM
  • Glad to hear that the issue has been resolved and thanks for your sharing.

BR.

Jason Chao

Monday, September 26, 2016 3:44 AM