none
Manager attribute flow delete issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

In my setup, I am using the FIM 2010 Portal to define the sync rules, with 1 HRMS MA as the data source, the FIM MA and 2 AD rules that are exporting to the same domain using MPRs and sets. Everything works as expected, except one attribute, the manager. When the initial flow from the HRMS took place it has been updated succesfully in the AD, incuding the Manager reference. Now it seems that the modifications occuring on this attribute in the HRMS are not updated in the metaverse.

I've tryed changing the MA precedence order, I have set equal precedence, I deleted the import and export flows on the FIM MA so that the only contributing MA in the MV is HRMS MA.

After every configuration change I did a FS on the HRMS MA, but the FIM MA remains the contributor whatever I do. One thing is also strange, all the other attributes has the last modified time equal tot he agent run time which is the last few minutes , but the manager attribute is last modified five hours ago.

Can someone please advise on what am I doing wrong here? I have no error logs in the sync manager or event viewer that would point to a problem.

Thanks,
    Cristian Costea

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 4:12 PM

Answers

• I have deleted all CS objects and all poartal users and EREs. I've rerun the initial sync, objects got recreated and now everything flows OK.

I also cleared out the DRE issue, I didn't check the existence test on one of the outbound rules. I don't need DREs now so I leave it as it is.

Thanks everyone for the help.

Cristian Costea

Friday, June 1, 2012 11:49 AM

All replies

• A preview run of an affected object should help you to at least determine at what point the attribute update doesn't happen.
    You might want to take a look at Troubleshooting Generic FIM Synchronization Errors.

Cheers,
    Markus

Markus Vilcinskas, Knowledge Engineer, Microsoft Corporation

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 5:26 PM
  • Hi Markus,

I did a FS preview run on the HRMS connector object. I dont't see the Manager ID information in the source object details, but when I check the import flow on the sync rule I see the old attribute value with an "Not Applied" state. The HRMS flow has the first precedence in the MV designer for this attribute, I'm only using declarative rules for now, no extensions.

I tried running Attribute Flow Precedence viewer from the script box, when I click the Get Data nothing hapens and a window with a link pops up. If I run the scripts in a PS console also nothing happens, no error, no output.

I tried running the FIM OV, it does launch a PS script, but it's stuck at 0% while retrieving the object defs.

What else should I check?

Thank you for your support,

Cristian

Thursday, May 31, 2012 9:43 AM
  • OK, now I am really confused. On the original "build" environment the delete is flawless, the configurations of the 2 environemnts are pretty much the same.

I think I'll rebuild the problem server from scratch.

Thursday, May 31, 2012 1:11 PM
  • Make sure that your environments are on the same patch level.
    If memory serves me correctly, there has been at some point an issue with this configuration; however, I don't remember the exact details.
    It is possible that you have an update on one environment that doesn't exist on the second one.

Important is just that you have an expectation for how it should work and that you can narrow down using the preview at what point something doesn't work as expected.

Cheers,
    Markus

Markus Vilcinskas, Knowledge Engineer, Microsoft Corporation

Thursday, May 31, 2012 1:37 PM
  • I did a FS preview run on the HRMS connector object. I dont't see the Manager ID information in the source object details, but when I check the import flow on the sync rule I see the old attribute value with an "Not Applied" state. The HRMS flow has the first precedence in the MV designer for this attribute, I'm only using declarative rules for now, no extensions.

Just a thought but have you run a full import on the MA latetly?

Paul N Smith

Thursday, May 31, 2012 2:58 PM
  • Yes I did, I am running a full import before every FS when I am testing a modification on the precedence or on the rules.

I also followed Markus advice and applied the patch and now the levels are the same, but the flow is still not working as expected.

I also noticed an issue with DREs, on the build setup I have DREs linked to the objects for the initial AD flow rule. They are missing from this one, altough I am able to import the data from AD using a similar rule. Now I see that some modifications performed in AD on the mobile phones and extensions are ignoring the equal precedence, only the portal values are consdered.

I've been thinking to delete all the objects to reinitialize the flows, If that does not work either I will rebuild from scratch, it should take a day or two.

Thank you for you kind help,

Cristian

• Marked as answer by Cristi Costea Friday, June 1, 2012 11:45 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Cristi Costea Friday, June 1, 2012 11:45 AM
    Thursday, May 31, 2012 3:31 PM
  • I have deleted all CS objects and all poartal users and EREs. I've rerun the initial sync, objects got recreated and now everything flows OK.

I also cleared out the DRE issue, I didn't check the existence test on one of the outbound rules. I don't need DREs now so I leave it as it is.

Thanks everyone for the help.

Cristian Costea

Friday, June 1, 2012 11:49 AM