Corrupted D: Partition RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I had lost my operating during a power loss in a lightning storm. I was unable to recover or repair, so I reloaded the operating system (Windows XP) and progrms from the CD's.

The operating system and other programs loaded to the C partition sucessfully. However, I now have a corrupt D partition with most files showing garbled names and unaccesible for reading or deleting.

The  D partition is 4 GB FAT32 of a 80 GB Samsung Hard Drive. The drive is starting to make noises and I would like to take an image to transfer the operating systems and programs to an new drive. However the D partition seams to be preventing this.

Can this partition be safely deleted from Disk Manager? Or can this have adverse affects of the The system and programs running from the C partition?

R Trudeau
    Wednesday, December 9, 2009 9:25 PM

All replies

• if you do not need the information locted in D: drive , I recommnad you to first tru to convert the partition to ntfs with this command :

Convert d:/fs:ntfs

If the command did not succeeded then you can use windows XP operating system CD and boot the system with that CD and try to delete the partitio using the windows text mode setup utility.
    Network is my LOVE
    Thursday, December 10, 2009 3:52 PM